Custom Dentures Can Restore Beauty and Confidence
Dentures are removable oral prosthetic appliances that can replace missing teeth and help restore smiles. With advances in dental technology, the doctors at Gary B. Dempsey D.D.S. and Associates in Oklahoma City, OK can create a custom denture set that will improve both oral function and aesthetics. There are a variety of choices when it comes to restoring your smile. Our team is here to help walk you through every step of the process and help determine what is right for you.
Traditional dentures are a very common teeth replacement option. Composed of natural-looking prosthetic teeth, dentures are supported by the gums and the bone ridge underneath. Dental adhesives may be necessary to prevent the prosthetic from slipping. For patients who still have some healthy teeth remaining, our doctors can create partial dentures that attach using dental clasps for stability.
Benefits of Dentures
For patients who are missing most or all of their teeth, dentures can improve their overall quality of life. These prosthetics can offer many benefits, including:
- Aesthetics: Advances in dentistry have given us the ability to craft natural-looking dentures from a wide array of materials. Ranging from plastic or acrylic to porcelain or ceramic, dentures can give you the confidence to smile again. Dentures not only replace missing teeth, but can also provide support to the facial structures, resulting in a beautiful appearance.
- Function: Dentures can allow patients to resume normal speaking, chewing, and eating. Though there can be a slight learning curve in regard to speech, patients who wear new dentures typically adjust quickly.
- Cost: Traditional dentures are typically less expensive than permanent replacement options, such as dental bridges or implants. Our doctors will thoroughly discuss your options with you to determine which treatment will be optimal.
Types of Dentures Available
Because our practice is centered around restorative dentistry, we hold our results to the highest standard. Whether you are missing most or all of your teeth, we have denture options that can meet your specific needs, including:
- Full Dentures: If you are missing all of the teeth on either the upper or lower arch, full dentures can help restore your smile to its original brilliance. Full dentures are supported by the arch ridge and rest on the gum tissue. Custom-designed for an optimal fit, dentures may require slight adjustments over time to ensure comfort. Dental adhesives can also be helpful in stabilizing the dentures to avoid movement and slippage.
- Partial Dentures: If you are missing several but not all teeth on either arch, a partial denture can replace those teeth and bring function and beauty back to your smile. Designed with a metal base and small dental clasps, partial dentures can be attached to the surrounding teeth for added security.
- Implant-supported Dentures: Because the restoration is attached to dental implants, implant-supported dentures provide optimal stability. Crafted from titanium, dental implants are small posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone. Because implants replace the natural roots of teeth, the jawbone is preserved, reducing the effects of bone resorption. Although more costly than traditional dentures, implant-supported prosthetics can last a lifetime with proper care, eliminating the need for replacement devices.
Schedule a Consultation Today
To find out if you may be a candidate for dentures, schedule an appointment with one of our doctors. You can contact us online, or call our office at (405) 947-0044.